- Registered user must have a Role of Coordinator.
- First contact your chairmanto make sure if he has assigned the role of coordinator or not.
- Second, If he will unable to assist, Please email us at email@example.com for coordinator access with CC department Chairmen.
- Browser (Mozilla or Chrome) should be installed on you PC/Laptop.
- In Windows, Mozilla can be accessed by clicking Menu Start-> All Programs -> Mozilla Firfox.
- InWIndows, Chorme can be accessed by clikcing Menu Start -> All Programs -> Google Chrome.
- PC/Laptop must be connected with Internet.
- Type the url (http://lms.uet.edu.pk/) in address bar in one of your favorute browser.
- If you dont know how ot open url in browser then see the post 'How to open UET LMS in Browser.'
- Login with your user name and passoword.
- If you dont know how to login then please see the post 'How to login in UET LMS?
QUICK REVIEW TO CREATE SESSION
After login to LMS account,
Step 1: Coordinator will click on "Session" menu
Step 2: Fill the following fields
- Program Catalogue
Step 3: Below these fields some tabs will be visible there
- Vision (Compulsory)
- Mission (Compulsory)
- Session PEOs
Step 4: Click on "Save & Close" button of pop-up
Step 5: Click on "Save" button from main page
(For detailed review read below...)
HOW TO CREATE SESSION
- After login to LMS account user (Coordinator) will click on "Session" menu from sidebar
- In case of sessions created previously, list of sessions with name, year and other basic info and Create button at top left will appear. In other case only button will show in the header (See relevant image 1)
- Click on the Create button and a new screen will appear (See relevant image 2)
- Add required informations in their respective field, once the session is created then the coordinator can make changes anytime
- List of programs will be visible to coordinator (See relevant image 3)
- Coordinator is not authorized to create Program by itself but he can see program list offered by that department (See relevant image 4)
- Program that shows in dropdown list will be created by Super user if its not created then communicate with the Exam branch through:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Meeting
- Select the program from the list for which user want to create the session
- List of years will be visible to coordinator (See relevant image 5)
- Coordinator is not authorized to create year by itself
- Year that shows in dropdown list will be created by Super user if its not created then communicate with the Exam branch through:
- Email email@example.com
- Personal Meeting
- Select the year from the list for which user want to create the session
- Note: Against single year user can not create multiple sessions
- List of Program Catalogues (including previous sessions) will be visible to coordinator (See relevant image 6)
- Coordinator will create catalogue first by itself. See how to create program catalogue
- Select the Program Catalogue from the list which user want to use. He can use previously created catalogue for new session if course outline is same otherwise he will create separate program catalogue
Note: User can encorporate single Program Catalogue in multiple sessions
OTHER INFORMATION OF SESSION
- On session menu screen at the bottom coordinator will see some tabs like:
- Session PEOs (Program Earning Outcomes ) (See relevant image 7)
- once the session is created then the coordinator can make changes in these tabs anytime
- Coordinator will click on "Edit" button at top left to add data in these tabs
- Below is their brief description that user needed to know before adding
- In Requirement tab coordinator will see "Add an Item" link
- After click on that link a pop-up will appear (See relevant image 8)
- Coordinator will enter the requirements of the Session for degree completion like:
- Survey Camp
- In Vision tab coordinator will see a highlighted text area
- Coordinator will enter vision defined by departmental committee (See relevant image 9)
- In Mission tab coordinator will see a highlighted text area
- Coordinator will enter Mission defined by departmental committee (See relevant image 10)
Note: It can be changed anytime according to requirement
- In Session PEOs tab coordinator will see "Add an Item" link
- After click on that link a pop-up will appear (See relevant image 11)
- Coordinator wil select Title of PEO from the list he can not edit these titles (See relevant image 12)
- Description for that PEO will be defined by coordinator in highlighted text area after title
- After Title and Description of PEO, coordinator will map this PEO with PLO (Program Learning Outcomes)
- For PEO & PLO mapping:
- coordinator will select the PLO title from the list, these PLOs are already defined in the system and user can not edit them (See relevant image 13)
- Select the Strength from the list, these Strengths are already defined in the system and user can not edit them (See relevant image 14)
- After adding all fields coordinator can click on:
- Save & Close button (if he do not want to create more PEOs)
- Save & New button (if he want to create more PEOs)
- Discard (If he do not want to save the changes he made)
Note: After following all the steps in this tutorial it is necessary to click on Save button (at top left side) otherwise session will not create and all changes will be lost